Saturday, February 29, 2020

First: I traded my '57 Porsche 356 Speedster for a Tesla Model 3. Was I nuts?


The day my neighbor brought his black Model 3 home, I got "auto-lust" again. You know...wanting a new car so much your teeth sweat. But we were already a three-car family in a two-car garage so that wouldn't work without some sacrifice. My sweet wife mentioned it was time to let the Porsche go...it had only been in our family 30 years!
But, I yielded. It couldn't be parked outside and we had a generous offer from another Porsche owner, so off it went. 
And down the tears flowed as it drove off into the sunset!
And not just the day's sunset but the sunset...the last sunset...of my youth, because without it I was officially an old man at last. 
But...I was an old man in a red Tesla Model 3! Thank you, Elon. Farewell, Ferdinand Porsche!

What I gave up for my Model 3...'57 Porsche 356A Speedster


What happened 10 minutes after I traded the Porsche



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

TDIU = actual VA disability rating

A previous director of the Colorado Division of Military and Veterans Affairs once pointed out to me that one reason Colorado denies TDIU ve...