Sunday, February 2, 2020

TESLA SMART SUMMON – IDEAL FEATURE FOR HANDICAPPED DRIVERS

If you are considering buying a Tesla, please also consider using me as your referral source (CLICK.) We'll both get a free Tesla 1000 mile SuperCharger credit but only if used as you begin your purchase, not after the fact. BTW, Tesla doesn't have any active duty, veteran or disabled veteran discount, so this thousand mile credit is all you'll get.

For most Tesla owners, Smart Summon is fun and occasionally useful. For many handicapped owners, however, Smart Summon can be that but also a uniquely helpful aid for using our Tesla cars
EveryTesla has it built-in, so this is a powerful feature that costs you nothing extra. And...you never have to worry about gas stations – Tesla doesn't use 'em!
I've found Smart Summon to be most useful if I am a bit more careful in choosing where to park. The distance from the car to you summoning it should be no more than a couple hundred feet. More importantly, consider curbs, other cars, obstacles that may  the car or make it hesitate out of caution.
My most frequent problem is getting into a situation where the car wants to go around in some manner rather than come directly to me. Then, if it gets where I can't see it because of other cars I have to stop as it is unsafe to use Smart Summon where you can't have perfect and safe control.
Still on my Tesla wish list: a key or app-based rear hatch open and close feature. I've seen the hacks advertised in the Tesla blogs but the cost seems unreasonable....over $700.. It is something I want because while I can get the hatch open I can't reach high enough from my chair to close it, and it won't close itself. The car comes with an app and screen unlock feature but that's a marginal convenience...not a solution
Special: here's a Model X wheelchair owner's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

TDIU = actual VA disability rating

A previous director of the Colorado Division of Military and Veterans Affairs once pointed out to me that one reason Colorado denies TDIU ve...